Friday, December 19, 2008

Tram Opens!

Kerry and I were both scheduled to work from 9-1, after a very busy morning we elected to take out some demos. I took out the Dynastar Legend Exclusive Powder in a 158, a mouthful of a name I know. I think I would enjoy them a lot if I had remembered how to ski. I was just generally a mess and the light was pretty flat. I am going to give them another try another day.

I now agree that bad things happen in threes. In the course of 40 mins I managed to do a cartwheel on my skis, landing the cartwheel on my head (ouch!). After calling it a day on my skis, I went back to the shop to return my skis, only to find out my boots were totally iced over so I slipped and fell on the floor (whoops). Then, worse still, I went down to the locker room to take off my boots and ended up dropping my ski boot while putting it on the rack, Kerry and I both jumped out of the way to save our toes, but somehow my boot bounced off the floor and ended up slitting open the bottom of my foot, right on the ball of my foot. It was a bloody mess and made it very painful to walk.

We headed home and ran to the post office to pick up my Christmas package then we made a quick dinner and met up with our neighbors to go to Tram Grand Opening Party. It was really cold out, but everyone was there with PBR in hand. The tram made its grand entrance, and what an event it was! Santa even repelled out of the tram. After the ceremony we headed Nick Wilson's (a bar/cafe at the base of the mountain) for a pitcher of beer with Corinna and Nikki, then we headed along to the Mangy Moose (another bar at the mountain) for the after party. It was a fun evening and I met a ton of new people that I will never remember the names of. :) Here is a video of the ceremony!



And some of my not so good photos (excuse me it was puking snow!)....

Brandon, me and Kerry.

The new tram!

Kerry warming up his hands while enjoying a beer (yes, those are my mittens).

No comments: