Tuesday, December 23, 2008

my life as a sitcom

Well, as I was falling asleep last night I was thinking about the day and I only gave you a small taste of the events of the day, my apologies....

Upon getting home I found two very frantic roomates (Mike and Brandon) and two frantic neighbors (AJ and Eric). All four of them were freaking out because the satellite wasn't working, and they were determined to fix it. The problem was in that the dish was on the roof and there happened to be 12 inches of snow piled on the roof, which conviently obscured the view of the satellite dish. Now being four guys without their beloved TV the only option was to climb out on the roof and use a broom to knock away the snow. So out Mike's bedroom window they went. Now being boys they obviously could just send one, oh no, so then there were two of them out on the roof trying to push away the snow. But keep in mind we have to be safe around here, so it is obvious to tie a rope from yourself on the roof to the bed in Mike's room. Finally after 20 mins satellite was return, thank god. Then the fun continued.... Eric is really into backcountry skiing, so he of course has a cornice cutting rope, and what are four boys with a roof covered in 12 inches of snow going to do when given a cornice cutting rope? Yeah, try to clear the roof of course. So then here they go bushwacking around our sunroom in attempts to use the rope to cut the snow off. They really wanted the roof to slide so they insisted on slamming the door a few times. Luckily for the sake of both Kerry and my car they were unsuccessful. Then in all of the madness I wanted to go to the library. Now keep in mind we haven't ever shoveled our driveway and there is 12 inches of new snow. So I clear off all of my car, unbury the doors and get in to go. Being five guys all of the boys felt the need to remind me how to drive. So I got halfway out and got stuck. Now this is where it is nice living with five guys because that is five guys who are willing to push your car and are determined that they can get the car out without moving any snow. After a few attempts we got my car out with no shovelling required. My life is looking a lot like a sitcom at this point....

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Classic! 295 Maple can't even come close.