Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a rough life

So Kerry and I have had off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (really we never work). An average day off right now consists of getting up at 7:30, getting to the bus around 8:30, skiing until about 10:30, then coming home for lunch. We spend the remainder of the day pretty much cooking and eating. Today to switch up the routine we went to work. We got there at 9 and by 9:30 they had sent us out on a ski break until 11:30. You can really feel the trouble the weather is causing throughout the village. In almost 2 weeks we have only gotten 8 inches. Everyone is hoping it will start snowing soon and that the weather picks up the holiday season bookings.

Today I thought it might be fun to try a demo ski, so I followed my friend Jackie's suggestion and tried out the Salomon Lady in a 158. In the death cookie and hard packed conditions, it was a bit like skiing on a floppy noodle. I am sure on soft snow conditions they would be really fun since they were very responsive and wanted to really made nice turns when you would be going much slower. On a rather big hill I tried to stop because there was an obstruction in the trail and the noodle-like skis nearly killed me. I tried to push hard on my edges and I started bouncing off the surface of the snow. A fun ski, but I just took them on the wrong stuff and skied a bit too fast for it. I think this has convinced me that I could try a stiffer men's ski.

After skiing, we headed back to work for a thrilling afternoon of learning how to be a cashier. After an afternoon of that, I am very convinced I want to stay a binding tech, it is just way easier and more fun. We got sent home from work about an hour and half early and then feasted on some delicious chili and cornbread, all made from scratch. Yum Yum!!

Tomorrow I think we are going to switch it up a bit and skip skiing and go cut a Christmas tree instead. Here in Wyoming you just have to buy a permit from the forest service for $5 and you can go out to the public lands and cut one down.

Ski day count now at 7.

A nice view waiting for the bus.

Kerry looking very unimpressed about going to work.

Snow guns working hard.

Me and Kerry, I know another picture that looks the same....

Riding home on the bus.

No comments: