Sunday, November 30, 2008

Roadtrip to WY

After spending the Thanksgiving holiday in Vermont with my family and friends I flew back to Portland OR. Kerry picked me up from the airport and then we headed back to my aunt's house for a few hours of rest before getting up to drive to WY. The first day we drove from Vancouver, WA to Boise, ID, 440 miles. The first day was rather uneventful, it rained a bit for the first hour and then it cleared off to be quite a beautiful day. By the time we stopped for lunch it was in the mid-60's and sunny. When we got to Boise we went to get some pizza at a great local place. We shared a pizza and some PBR in honor of the start to our ski bum life. Kerry woke me up at 6am the next morning because he wanted to get an early start, I told him there was not a shot in hell I was getting up and he let me sleep until 7am. We got ready and checked out and then headed in search of breakfast. We ended up stopping in downtown Boise, which was a very cute little city. Our second day of driving took us another 367 miles into Jackson, WY. Once we got off the highway the terrian began to become much more hilly. We didn't hit any snow until the last 20 miles once we crossed the Wyoming border. My car did great though, the new tires I bought did awesome even going down a 10% grade. We got to our condo and it was better than we could have ever guessed. Everything we need is here and we have awesome landlords too.

No comments: